Tonight's kitchen visitor was a saucer-sized spider on the wall above Buddy's dish.
Tuesday/13-Sep-22: Another choir funeral today. This is getting to be too frequent.
Tuesday/13-Sep-22: Another choir funeral today. This is getting to be too frequent.
Dinner was Caribbean Shrimp & Vegetable Soup (MWDaily, p165). This was pretty darn good, if not wonderful. Should have cut my sweet potatoes is smaller (about the size of the shrimp). My yellow bell pepper wasn't a very good color contrast; red might be better. Also better to sauté the bits with the onion. I used frozen cooked shrimp, which got way too cooked by the end.
Whew, I've been binge-watching Chef John and Trevor Noah videos at night, getting to bed way too late. But at least I've had a laugh.
Wednesday/14-Sep-22: It being an odd week, there was nothing on the menu plan for tonight. So we had chipolatas (which don't work too well under the broiler, where I cooked them to avoid grease spatters all over the stovetop). As an accompaniment there was a salad made with brown rice, clean-out-the-fridge veggies (red bell pepper, cuke, defrosted peas -- forgot carrots and onions). That turned out pretty good. And a chocolate-covered madeleine for after.
Thursday/15-Sep-22: Lovely lunch out today. Nothing happened in the kitchen.
Friday/16-Sep-22: Brought in pizza for dinner tonight. Nothing happened in the kitchen.
Saturday/17-Sep-22: Whew, a mess of a week, no shopping done, so struggling to find meals in-house.
Wednesday/14-Sep-22: It being an odd week, there was nothing on the menu plan for tonight. So we had chipolatas (which don't work too well under the broiler, where I cooked them to avoid grease spatters all over the stovetop). As an accompaniment there was a salad made with brown rice, clean-out-the-fridge veggies (red bell pepper, cuke, defrosted peas -- forgot carrots and onions). That turned out pretty good. And a chocolate-covered madeleine for after.
Thursday/15-Sep-22: Lovely lunch out today. Nothing happened in the kitchen.
Friday/16-Sep-22: Brought in pizza for dinner tonight. Nothing happened in the kitchen.
Saturday/17-Sep-22: Whew, a mess of a week, no shopping done, so struggling to find meals in-house.
Tonight's dinner was a half recipe of Cowboy Corn Casserole (web), made with one medium-sized can of corn, 75g of lardons instead of bacon. Easy and pretty good. Ed harvested tomatoes this afternoon and dropped a big one, smashing it. He cleaned it up and seeded it. I chopped, added a chopped ball of mozzarella, a shallot, some chives and basil, S&P, and called it all a salad. Pretty good. Some HD mini ice cream cups for after.
Sunday/18-Sep-22: Dinner was a halfish recipe of Spicy South Asian Roasted Fish (web; GD; DMA). The recipe no longer can be found at the URL I saved, which is why I keep a PDF copy on Google Drive. Anyhow, this is easy and good. I'm out of coconut milk (inventory fail), so used coconut cream, thinned with a bit of water, instead. Served with Thai trio rice and our favorite SE Asian salad, Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts (web; GD). Nice food.
Progress on goals
This week: #1 VEG/FISH: 4; #2 PHOTO: yes;
This month: #3 GUESTS: n/a
This year: #5 BACKLOG2: no; #6 BACKLOG3: no; #7 RECYCLE: 10; #8 NEW: 4
Sunday/18-Sep-22: Dinner was a halfish recipe of Spicy South Asian Roasted Fish (web; GD; DMA). The recipe no longer can be found at the URL I saved, which is why I keep a PDF copy on Google Drive. Anyhow, this is easy and good. I'm out of coconut milk (inventory fail), so used coconut cream, thinned with a bit of water, instead. Served with Thai trio rice and our favorite SE Asian salad, Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts (web; GD). Nice food.
Progress on goals
This week: #1 VEG/FISH: 4; #2 PHOTO: yes;
This month: #3 GUESTS: n/a
This year: #5 BACKLOG2: no; #6 BACKLOG3: no; #7 RECYCLE: 10; #8 NEW: 4
No comments:
Post a Comment