Tuesday/28-May-19: Sightseeing, the automata museum, and a drive through the countryside.
Wednesday/29-May-19: Homewards, with a stop at Sarlat la Canéda. Pick up cats. Munchies for evening meal.
Yogurt on overnight.
Thursday/30-May-19: Start cooking for tomorrow's meal. Put the lamb leg for Whole Leg of Lamb in a Spicy Yoghurt Sauce—Raan masaledar (MJ1, p57) on to marinate. Made Onion Relish—Pyaz ka laccha (MJ1, p174). Made Fresh Green Chutney—Hari chutney (Q&E, p113). Made up the broth for Plain Vanilla Ice Cream from the Waring Ice Cream Parlor booklet. Chopped up the peaches Bill brought and put those to macerate with much of the sugar.
Yogurt on overnight.
Friday/31-May-19: Big Indian meal for Andy and Sue and Bill, using up a leg of lamb from the freezer. Spent the morning and afternoon preparing bits, so it wasn't too much work at the end. For starters there was:
- Baked Onion Bhajis (web), a new recipe from the web, highly rated. Think I let the onions get a bit too soft; I found them too sweet. And maybe they suffered from sharing the oven with the lamb roaster. Worth trying again.
- Spicy Cucumber Wedges (MJ1, p172), an old favorite.
- Fresh Green Chutney (Q&E, p113), also an old favorite.
- Fresh Red Chutney with Almonds (Q&E, p114), a newer favorite.
For the main course there was
- Whole Leg of Lamb in Spicy Yogurt Sauce (MJ1, p57). Have done this before. Good stuff. Maybe a trifle overdone but still moist and tasty.
- Shrimp Biryani (MJ@Home, p214), an old favorite. I doubled the rice to serve as our general side dish, then made half the shrimp for Sue, a pesca-vegetarian. This was way too much rice, so we have lots leftover.
- Tangy Green Beans with Ajwain and Ginger (SpiceKitch, p38), old favorite.
- Cachumber (MJ1, p172), old favorite.
- Onion Relish (MJ1, p174), old favorite.
- Mixed pickle from the ginormous jar I bought recently.
For dessert there was vanilla ice cream with the peaches Bill brought from the Netherlands.
Not much new here, but all good.
Yay, no yogurt needed tonight!
Didn't get a Römertopf recipe made tonight. Think I'll continue with these books for another month, since I've still got lots of interesting things to make.
Saturday/1-Jun-19: Lunch out today, prior to the Cantique/Voci concert this evening. Afterwards, we munched on the lamb.
Sunday/1-Jun-19: Bill left this morning. For breakfast we had Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese and Chives (Twenty, p109). This were good. In the process, I managed to kill my glass double boiler.
For dinner I reheated some of the lamb in the yogurt sauce. Served this over some of the rice, along with the cachumber.
Progress on goals
This week: #1 BACKLOG: no; #2 VEG/FISH: 0; #3 COOKBOOK: no
Cookbooks of the month: Römertopf cookbooks for May and June
This month: #4 PASTA: no for May, no for June; #5 BREAD: yes for May, no for June; #6 GUESTS: yes for May, no for June
This year: #7 PROJECT: no