Thursday, February 7, 2013

IHCC: February Potluck!

Potluck time. So I asked Ed what he'd like this week. Lamb, he said. Having some lamb chops in the freezer to be used, I searched my stack of Jaffrey books for a new lamb recipe, one using lamb chops. In At Home with Madhur Jaffrey, I found Pakistani-Style Grilled Lamb Chops (p119). Thinking I had three lamb chops in the freezer, I bought an extra three. When I defrosted  my package, it turned out to be five chops, bringing me very close to a full recipe. And it indeed served three people (it's advertised as 2-3), when a friend showed up a dinner time.

The chops are rubbed with a paste of grated ginger, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt, cayenne, freshly ground black pepper, and garam masala. Then they marinate for four to twenty-four hours in the fridge. When you're ready to cook, you brush them with some oil (I forgot this step) and broil them 3-4 minutes per side. I'm sure the barbecue grill would work fine too.


This is a really easy dish to assemble and the chops were delicious. It's perfect for a weeknight or company because you can get the meat marinating well ahead of time and the actual cooking just takes a few minutes.

I served this with dishes I've made before: Pan-Grilled Zucchini (p173) and Mushroom Pullao from Indian Cooking (p152).

This post is shared with this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs.

3 comments:

  1. I think this would make a great barbecue recipe . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish the Hubs liked Lamb cause I would definitely fix these one nite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I think lamb is so darn succulent. Would definitely love to try these.

    ReplyDelete