Monday, November 7, 2011

This week in the kitchen

Monday/7-Nov-11: Quiz night again. Nothing happening in the kitchen.

Tuesday/8-Nov-11: Dinner was Mushroom Stroganoff, loosely following a recipe from EAT-L, over noodles. Good it was. Then a big salad.

Wednesday/9-Nov-11: Busy day today. We had lunch out, so only fruit and cookies in the evening.

Thursday/10-Nov-11: For lunch I made a little soup with leftover mushrooms, leftover mushroom broth, the last zucchini from the garden (kind of a mini one), and some pasta. It was good.

For dinner I picked the meat from the chicken, heated it in the sauce, and served over pasta. Some leftovers still. Ed tried to toss the carcass, but we rescued most of it and popped it in the freezer for whenever I have another one to make broth.

Friday/11-Nov-11: Curried Sausage and Sweet Potato Hash for dinner (web). Nice vague recipe. Used some homemade Italian sausage from the freezer. No eggs mixed in; fried egg on top of each serving. Good enough. Think I might prefer it with real potatoes rather than sweet.

Saturday/12-Nov-11: Yogurt on overday.

Dinner was Lamb Rib Chops with Quince Jelly Glaze (somewhere on the web). Not bad. Quince jelly I made earlier in the year. We ate most of the chops (should have served four) and have some meat leftover for ... something. Roast potatoes and roast cauliflower as go-withs. Think I really prefer my meat without glazes and such.

A peculiar thing: I bought the package of lamb chops at the grocery store. When I lifted out the chops, I discovered a kidney hiding in there, a lamb's kidney I suppose. Why? What am I supposed to do with it?

Sunday/13-Nov-11: Lovely looking sorrel at the grocery store this week. Impulse buy. Tonight's dinner was Sorrel-Onion Tart (Greens, p244; cookbooker). Pretty good, but I think if I did this again, I wouldn't cook the sorrel, but just stir the slice greenery into the egg-cream mixture. Then a big salad. Then some Lindt chocolates for dessert.

Progress on goals
This week: #1 VEG/FISH: yes, #2 SOUP: yes, #3 MIDDAY: no
This month: #4 PASTA: no

No comments:

Post a Comment